A refreshing alternative, delivering more than you have come to expect from an outdoor education centre.
At Action Centres UK we know why you go away on a residential experience, what is important and what makes it work for you. More and more schools are telling us how very different we are from their current provider and ask why they had not heard of us before. They are pleasantly surprised and reassured to find there is in fact an alternative.
ACUK Action Centres provide:-
• Private and secure accommodation whether you are a class of 12 or a year group 250+ pupils.
• Accommodation that is self contained or immediately adjacent to your class mates with a meeting room large enough for everyone to meet together.
• Private activity sessions where only your class or school work together enjoying themselves, thereby encouraging self-esteem and promoting community within your school.
• Modern accommodation that achieves the highest of safety standards ensuring teachers can relax, secure in the knowledge their children are safe and secure (no ground floor windows to escape through).
• Your own dedicated tables at each meal ensuring your group benefit from the experience of sitting down and eating together.
Action Centres UK has always been committed to providing students with exciting opportunities to grow in confidence, in character and in community. Whether it’s through taking a ‘leap of faith’ from a 30-foot pole or taking to the water for the first time in a canoe, students are encouraged to take a step beyond their current achievement, rise to new challenges and celebrate their success.
Grow in confidence, in character and in community with Action Centres UK
At ACUK we aim to create residential programmes that will achieve the following outcomes for students:
To have fun • To learn new skills • To become more motivated as individuals
To take part in new and enriching experiences
To discover more about themselves and their capabilities
To learn to support and value others &
celebrate their successes as well as their own.
Our residential programmes offer students the opportunity to stretch themselves as individuals, bond as a team and grow in friendship as they work together, eat together and relax together, fostering a sense of pride both in themselves and in their school community.
Our extensive activity programmes support key outcomes in the PSHE curriculum and develop essential Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills…
• Working effectively as a team and within a community
• Evaluating challenges and solving problems
• Developing confidence and strategies for effective participation
• Learning key values of respect for self and others
• Encouraging resilience and determination
• Encouraging reflection and self-awareness
As for why some teachers have never heard of us, we can only apologise and hope you will now remember us. We look forward to welcoming you and your pupils to ACUK soon.